Guest Post by: Maria Pergolino
December is the time for B2B companies to shine. This is because B2C companies have all the sexy, edgy, memorable ads the rest of the year, leaving B2B companies to be more conservative and serious. But in December things change. While B2C ads are filled with holiday sales and discounts, I see a rush of B2B companies getting fun, stretching their creative muscles, and putting out some of the most entertaining and exciting digital ads via holiday e-cards.
Here are some of my favorites of 2009:
1. Spam, oh how we hate spam. But Mother London’s Honest $10000 Spam made it fun with this spin on spam made to make every email recipient rethink their junk mail.
2. Is there any show that B2B marketers connect with more than The Office? (Okay, maybe Mad Men – you can view a spoof of that show from Cultivator Advertising and Design) Well, this version of The Office is a perfect treat, sharing more than holiday cheer with their Unicard.
3. Modea would wins my vote for cool holiday card. Their Holiday 2009 Lost Phone card is great – reminding us of the fun and function we have with our iPhones.
4. DCI Group’s holiday card reminds B2B marketers of all the work in takes to make sure our customers know how much we appreciate them- but be careful with this one, it’s Top Secret.
5. This card from CollectiveIntellect captures the social media frenzy going on with their company holiday card? card.
6. Genesis Inc. made every marketer forget about work for a minute and think of their love of holiday lights with Light. Switch.
7. Pop Art was super creative this year with Holidize Me, forcing all marketers to realize their website can be fun too!
8. Did you tweet your New Year marketing resolution and wonder if it went unnoticed? Well if you tagged it #NewYearsResolution then AKQA’s Resotweeetion included you in their holiday greeting.
9. I loved Uranium Interactive’s look at technology through the years with a pretty great prediction for 2012.
10. At Marketo we’re pretty analytical, making all our marketing and sales decisions on solid data. That’s why I love Gelia’s Holiday by the Numbers Greeting – it’s brainy and funny!
11. And speaking of analytical, ASI Communications let’s you see who would win at Season’s Beatings pitting holiday traditions against each other and letting you vote for a winner sharing the results for those number crunchers out there.
12. And finally, make sure to check out Marketo’s holiday greeting, an obvious personal favorite filled with tips for making 2010 a great success.
Want more? See these other top B2B holiday cards:
16 B2B holiday cards that are unique or feature games:
- TwentySix Christmas Tweets
- Happy Holidays from Damashek Consulting
- Pica Holiday Card
- SpeakerBox PR Xmas Card
- Media Logic Make a Joyful Noise
- Digital Fruitcake
- Creature’s Horatio the Singing Christmas Sandwich
- Langland Christmas Card
- Team Detroit Snowman Customizer
- Winter Wunderland
- Element’s Spooning with Santa
- Happy Holiday’s from 14four
- Fathom’s Saucer Sled Champion
- PeakBiety’s Holiday Perceptions
- MRM London Extreme Turkey Makeover
- Pylon’s Warm Wishes
8 fun B2B animated holiday greetings:
- Brandissimo’s Happy Holiday 2009
- VPG Integrated Media Happy Holidays
- Allen Interactions Christmas Card
- Happy Holiday JWT
- Spread some Holiday Cheer with Masterminds
- Snapshot Group Nutcracker
- Businesswire Holiday Greetings
- Digital Folk Digital Christmas Tree
8 B2B Holiday cards done with video:
- Labarge Media Saint Nicholas
- Carousel 20 Interactive’s Animated Holiday Card
- Prance Like a Man from ClickHere, Pureevil, Deliverate Industries, and Digital Shakedown
- Taxi’s Holiday Card 2009
- 2009 Traction Holiday Card
- Agency Republic’s A way to a Manger
- Rebel Virals Rebel Christmas
- Happy Non-Denominational Holiday’s from Engine Digital
20 B2B holiday cards that show off marketing teams or other company staff:
- eROI Holiday Cheer 2009
- Nurun Naughty or Nice
- Going Interactive 2009 Happy Holiday
- Red Cheetah Holiday Sounds
- Gray Loon Holiday Magic
- Site Seeker Happy Holidays
- NewsMarket and Medialink Holiday Song
- Midnight Oil Creative Holiday Kisses
- Hall and Company Naughty Elves
- Shoot the Company Merry Christmas
- Axis, Weber Shandwick, and Curren Holidays
- Media Two Interactive Happy Holidays
- Cook and Schmid Seasons Greetings
- Hanson Bridgett Happy Holidays
- Silvertech Happy Holidays
- MHP Holiday in the South
- ISG Holiday Spot the Difference
- Atrion Happy Holidays
- Torchbox Snowtime
- Fastspot Holiday Games
And most importantly, 10 B2B holiday cards that support charity:
- Tribal DDB- OSPCA
- Google Advertising – Multiple
- MRM Worldwide – Multiple
- Brandtailers Holiday 2009- skip1.org
- Rosetta Snow Day- New Orleans Snowday
- BC Hydro Power Pioneers – BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- RP# Agency Happy Holidays – National Arbor Day Foundation
- George K. Baum Happy Holidays – American Red Cross
- Level Studio Holiday 09 – Save the Music
- Toth Brand Imaging Merry Christmas – Laryngeal Cancer
And this isn’t even a complete list. There are ton more cards that are as exciting as the ones above, plus lots of ecards that convey a simple holiday greeting without any animation, video, flash, or graphics like those listed.
Did I miss any great ones from B2B companies? Please share in the comments below.
Happy Holidays to you from Marketo!