This is an interesting presentation by Yves Behar from Fuse Project on designing in the near future. He talks about his work with Swarovski, his controversial Leaf Lamp with Herman Miller and the One Laptop Per Child project (my favorite discussion topic!)
Some interesting points he made:
1) Live in the clouds, but ground yourself in realities (like engineering constraints)
2) Technology with Humanity
3) Democratize solving problems with design
4) Design is a basic human need
5) Designers have a responsibility to show the future as we have the ability to imagine the future.
6) Good design is about good story telling and a relationship with emotions.
Do stick around to the end where he talks a lot more with Judith Thurman on the “meat” behind his presentation.
Original Post: http://www.designsojourn.com/yves-behar-on-design-in-2012/