- Occupation: CEO
- Organisation: Victors & Spoils
- John Winsor is a respected author of Spark: Be more Innovative through Co-Creation and Beyond the Brand: Why Engaging the Right Customers is Essential to Winning in Business.
- Before Victors & Spoils, he was the VP/Executive Director, Strategy and Product Innovation at Crispin, Porter + Bogusky. In 2007, Winsor sold his company, Radar Communications, to CP+B. He founded Radar in 1998 with Nike as its first client. Using strategy and academic-based market intelligence tools, Winsor helped some of the country’s most progressive companies learn from key voices in their communities through methods he gleaned from his years as a journalist.
- Prior to founding Radar, Winsor built an empire of magazine publications devoted to sports such as mountain biking, in-line skating, and extreme skiing. In 1990, he acquired the rights to publish a then-struggling magazine, Women’s Sports & Fitness. Within three years he turned the magazine around and launched several other highly profitable titles, selling the business to Conde Nast and Peterson Publishing in 1997.
- John holds an MBA from the University of Denver and lives in Boulder with his wife and their two children. He truly embodies the executive who “does it all” by rock-climbing daily, running a highly successful organization and helping companies achieve their goals.