- Occupation: Founder and Principal
- Organisation: Caddell Insight Group, a consultancy focused on product marketing, innovation, alliances and strategy
- I am a business generalist. I have worked in software development, new product/market development and management; partner & alliance management; direct & indirect sales; outsourced services solution development, negotiation and contracting; and executive roles in marketing, sales, account management and operations, primarily in the IT and wireless industries.
- I am fascinated by the innovation process, how companies conceive, develop and market new offerings – and most importantly, how those offerings succeed in the marketplace and at changing the lives of those who use them.
- It surprises me how many companies have contempt, implicit or overt, for their customers. I believe this mindset is at the end of its life, and successful companies will engage with customers on fair, value-adding and respectful terms. They’ll be transparent and deliver distinctive value. I help companies transform to work within this new paradigm, including using the “values” proposition to identify the deep reasons customers use and value their offerings.
- I also write a blog where I discuss business trends, review books and do the occasional podcast.