Occupation: Chairman and Executive Editor
- Organisation: GreenBiz Group Inc
- For nearly 20 years, Joel Makower has been a well-respected voice on business, the environment, and the bottom line. As a writer, speaker, and strategist on corporate environmental practices, clean technology, and green marketing, he has helped a wide range of companies align environmental responsibility with business success.
- Joel is chairman and executive editor of GreenBiz Group Inc., creator of GreenBiz.com and other popular web sites, research, and events on the greening of mainstream business.
- Joel is also the principal author of the annual State of Green Business report and the Greener by Design conference, both produced by Greener World Media
- He also serves as a senior strategist at GreenOrder, a sustainability consultancy, as well as co-founder and principal of Clean Edge Inc., a research and publishing firm focusing on building markets for clean energy technologies
- A former nationally syndicated columnist, Joel is author or co-author of more than a dozen books, including his latest, Strategies for the Green Economy
- Worked with a wide range of companies on corporate environmental strategy and practices, including Gap, General Electric, General Motors, Hewlett Packard, Levi Strauss, Nike, and Procter & Gamble
Claim to fame: The Associated Press has called him "The guru of green business practices."