I love talking about the customer experience; I could sit for days, answering questions and discussing the finer points of this topic.
So, as you can imagine, I was honored when Paolo Fabrizio asked me to be a guest on his Social Antipasti podcast series to answer some of his questions about customer experience. As the conversation often goes in a podcast, it was fast moving and filled with lots of great conversation.
During our chat, Paolo explored some high-level concepts of customer experience for his audience. The following is an outline of the questions Paolo asked me; we covered a lot of territory in 20 minutes.
1. Who is Annette Franz? Tell me about yourself and what you do.
2. Imagine you're talking to somebody who doesn't know anything about customer experience. How would you define it in the simplest way?
3. Do you think that customer experience is important for any kind of business or industry? If so, why?
4. In your LinkedIn bio, you say that "the customer experience is an ever-evolving journey." Can you please explain this concept from a brand's perspective? (This
response causes me to contemplate changing the name of this blog!)
5. What should brands do in order to deliver a great customer experience?
6. In your article Treat Employees Better than Customers, you put employees first, then customers. Why do you consider building a great employee experience a priority?
7. What are your big projects for 2016? (I throw something out into the universe. Will it become a reality this year?)
There is no one giant step that does it. It's a lot of little steps. -Peter A. Cohen
Image courtesy of Dell's Official Flickr Page