Guest Post by: Maria Pergolino
So, if you know me you know I am pretty thrifty. I like to call it strategically miserly- since I believe in putting dollars into big impact items, and trimming costs on unnecessary extras. As part of this I have built up a pretty big list of freebies that I thought I would share.
Now, keep in mind that for most of these you need to be a professional marketer. Each site should share what qualifications are required to receive that freebie.
Call me old school, but I still read marketing magazines to stay up-to-date on the latest marketing news. I can’t imagine a flight without two or three of these in my bag to ensure an interesting trip.
- Chief Content Marketer Magazine
- Website Magazine
- Target Marketing Magazine
- DMNews Magazine
- BtoB Magazine
- Chief Marketer Magazine
Free College Type Courses and/or Certifications:
Marketing courses can be expensive, but they look impressive on your resume. Here are some free ones to stay up-to-date and keep your resume filled with relevant marketing education.
- 6 Week Course in Branding by About.com
- Google Training via Google Certification program – All training is free, and to get a certification it’s only $50
- Marketing 101 by Kutztown University
- Conducting a Marketing Analysis by Kutztown University
- Fundamentals of Business Analysis by University of California
- Inbound Marketing University by Hubspot including certification
Free Survey Tools:
Just getting started with surveys in your marketing programs? These are a few to get you going without risk- since they are free for your first 100 respondents.
Free Marketing Associations:
Marketing Associations can be pricey. These are free to join:
Free Kindle Books:
I think this is one of the best deals ever- having your Kindle filled with Marketing books at no cost. I did a blog post with a bunch of free marketing books a few months ago, but here are a few that have been added since.
Marketing events are great ways to stay up-to-date and make great contacts. For marketers looking to network, here are some A+ opportunties.
- Revenue Rockstar Roadshows – these are free events we hold throughout the country to help marketers improve their skills
- OMMA Global – free conference held by OMMA each year in San Francisco
- BtoB Net-Marketing Breakfasts – this link is for their upcoming San Francisco event, but check the events section for one in a city near you
- Plus lots of virtual conferences (just look for these wherever you get your latest marketing news or on our Marketing Evens page)
Free Press Releases:
Mashable has created this list of 20 free press release distribution services which are great for any companies trying to get the word out, or improve SEO.
This is just what I found in my list of favorites, so I’m sure there are many more. What are some of your favorite marketing freebies? I’d love a few more!