by: Matt Rhodes
That’s why Required Reading this week at FreshNetworks is Corinne Weisgerber’s presentation on Twitter for PR. Not only is the presentation a clear and comprehensive introduction to Twitter, it also includes case studies of how things can go wrong and right for brands using Twitter (with the cases of Comcast and JetBlue).
Weisgerber details eight ways in which Twitter should be used by brands and begins to detail how they should act for each one:
- Public Relations
- Political Communications
- Crisis Communications
We wrote earlier this week about how brands should use social media marketing instead of email. And any brand looking to innovate with Twitter should consider each of these eight areas in its social media strategy. Weisgerber’s presentation is a great introduction to what you should consider (and it contains video so is best viewed with the sound on).
Some more reading
- Twitter spam, the under loved and Qwitters (kevin.lexblog.com)
- Twitter PR from the Financial Times (chrisabraham.com)
- How and Why to Launch a Business Presence on Twitter - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership (tsurch.com)
- Tesco tunes in to the art of Twitter (telegraph.co.uk)
- Twitter as a brand-builder: Three examples (news.cnet.com)
- You are a brand on Twitter. Get on the list! (techburgh.com)